What personal information about customers does Scholarful.com gather?
The information we collect and learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Scholarful experience. One of our goals in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. Here are the general categories of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store information you enter on our website, or give us in any other way. Examples include, but are not limited to, information when you search, browse, and register for an account. communicate with customer service. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests, processing your order, customizing your scholarship matches, responding to you, or sending you marketing and advertising communications. If we encounter a problem, your personal information may be used to contact you. Please note that before accessing certain parts of Scholarful.com or completing a registration, you must create an account with us, through which you must provide certain personal information.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information automatically whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” or other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Scholarful.com or advertisements and other content served by, or on behalf of, Scholarful.com on other websites. Other examples include, but are not limited to, log files, internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, and internet browser type.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Scholarful, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from Scholarful.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive email from us (unrelated to transactions and/or your account), please adjust your email subscription settings in your Scholarful account or contact our customer service team.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples include, but are not limited to, updated delivery and address information from our carriers and information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
What about cookies?
Does Scholarful.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading it to others. We share customer information only as described in this Privacy Notice and with entities within the Scholarful Family of Companies. The “Scholarful Family of Companies” means Scholarful.com and its subsidiaries.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, we may seek your consent for us to share your information with additional third parties, and you will have the opportunity in your discretion to choose not to share your information.
How secure Is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information by utilizing encryption methods during the transmission or storage of information you input through our websites and mobile applications. One hundred percent complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline, and we are unable to provide specific guarantees regarding complete security of your personal information; however, we have a team of security professionals that work to safeguard your information.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when finished using a shared computer. Only use trusted internet networks, including Wi-Fi, and do no share your login credentials with unauthorized parties.
Which information can I access?
Scholarful.com gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with Scholarful.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This information may change as our website evolves.
What choices do I have?
- You can always choose not to provide certain information; however, it might be needed to take advantage of certain Scholarful.com features such as your account profile, favorites and customer reviews. Before ordering products from Scholarful.com, you must create a valid account.
- Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending non-transactional emails to your email address and/or physical mail to your address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by contacting us.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
Updated March 15, 2021